Tuesday 10 January 2012

{Ministry of Food} Teapot Biscuits Recipe

 I was delighted at the weekend when I found these super cute teapot cookie cutters on sale
Hubby was a bit miffed on missing out on some coffee cake the day before so I broke with tradition  and made these teapot biscuits coffee flavoured  for him!!

 Recipe

275g Plain Flour
25g Cocoa Powder
30g Drinking Chocolate Powder
75g Icing Sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee
225g Stork
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method

Preheat oven to 175C
Crush coffee powder into a fine powder using a pestle and mortar.
Sieve flour, cocoa powder and drinking chocolate into a bowl. Add coffee and set aside.
Cream stork together with icing sugar and vanilla extract.
Gradually add sieved dry ingredients (flour /coffee/ cocoa )  to this mix. Bring together until dough forms a ball. 
Remove from bowl and roll out on a flour dusted surface until  0 .75cm.
Cut shapes from dough and place on greased baking tray.
Bake for 12 minutes until cooked through but not coloured.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
When cooled decorate.
Enjoy!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh these biscuits are really too cute! I just added a cookie cutter like this on my amazon wishlist last night! I love tea so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes a teapot cutter is definitely a must for your baking cupboard! infact I may see if I can find a larger one - imagine teapot shaped sandwiches with afternoon tea! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...