Tuesday 1 November 2011

Vintage Inspiration - Sportswear





Last month I joined the local gym, yay go me!! Eager to get started I went out and bought some run of the mill exercise gear (boring!) After a week of attending I noticed that everone at the gym looked exactly the same and nearly every piece of clothing was black!!! This got me wondering if there was any vintage sportswear out there or vintage inspired?.

A quick google search landed me with loads of 70s /80s 'vintage' gear but not alot of earlier stuff. Now call me fussy but for me to be able to think of something as vintage it has to be at least older than me! (and preferably by 25 yrs+) So i discounted these and started looking further back.

Firstly I decided that I was in the wrong game..... tennis and golf both have way more stylish vintage outfits!!


I loved this dress but sadly not my size!!!




I finally found some inspiration with superkawaiimama and her vintage inpired outfits



So there it is!!! Now I just need to find some stockists in my size along with the nerve to be the 'odd one out' at the gym!!!

I'd love to hear all of your ideas and recommendations please?

2 comments:

  1. I always wear a dress to the gym! And often, in fact, socks with cherries on haha!

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound absolutely wonderul Charlotte,, I think when the weather is warmer I may go down the dress route too!!! Thanks for the comment and welcome to the blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...