Saturday 26 November 2011

Plaid Dresses and PanAm

Or how PanAm has inspired my wardrobe!!!

I had wanted a plaid dress for a while now, I'd kinda imagined when I found it , it would a 50s one, possibly  the form of a shirt dress.....
 



I didn't realise just how much my viewing habits had influenced me...


 

For the past few weeks I've been totally addicted to Pan Am (set in the early 60s), posts about it have run right through the vintage blogs and I've loved every one.  However it has never, ever entered my head to include any 60s style dresses in my wardrobe, the thought had never even entered my head!

Until I spotted this dress on the redressing website and suddenly I came out of the 40s and into the 60s for the night!!

Whoops a bit dark!
 
 This one shows it better!

 Love the colour of the stripe (thought it was blue online but its a gorgeous turquoise!)

I was quite pleased with my hair too - even if my friend did ask " is that your real hair?" 
me - what? course it blooming is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...