Wednesday 12 October 2011

Swindon & Cricklade Wartime Weekend



Mentioning George and Gracies Pilot in the last post, I searched through the blog to link it in, and realise - I hadn't blogged about the event we saw it at!!! So here is a very belated post about the Swindon and Cricklade War Weekend... a brilliant blend of railways, ww2 re enactments and vintage shopping!!





The weather wasn't looking promising so I ditched the dresses are tried to rock a landgirl style outfit! Not a bad decisions as there were loads of landgirl displays there.




Not sure whose those were but the amazing homefront displays in the gazebos were put on by the marvellous Blitz Buddies. They were a great bunch of people, very frindly and eager to answer any questions I had!




Their display also include period cars, we instantly fell inlove with the v8 pilot!!



One of their members was the fab Mrs She, who was offering Vintage Hairdos for £5 so, as I am had been struggling all week to recreate anything vaugely vintage, I treated myself to some victory rolls!!



Hard to photgraph dark hair but here's a closeup....





We also treated ourselves to a 1940s lunch in one of the carriages!

Potato & Leek Soup or Spam fritters to start with Rabbit Pie or Corned Beef Hash mains, Apple Tart Dessert and of course to finish a nice cuppa!

I really loved these cups!!





Shopping was fab too, I snagged a lovely brown hat and hubby bought this stunning coat

I really liked this tank top...... but as the price had fallen of, the chap wouldnt sell it *grr*



So all in all, a great little event, very relaxed and lots of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...