Tuesday 15 May 2012

A delivery from 1973.......




At the weekend, my mother brought out a box for me




Quite unassuming, vintage cosmetics maybe? Mum was an Avon Rep in the seventies. Nope! Turning the box I spied the handwritten label quickly!!




Oh how I smiled!! Opening it was like jumping back into my childhood!! Lovely handrolled (yes mum is a perfectionist!!)lengths of the most fabulous braids mum had used throughout the 70s and 80s when she sewed our clothes :)


A selection of the goodies inside.....


Sometrimes its good to have a mum who's a bit of a hoarder ;)


Today I'll be sorting my own sewing stash so I can add these to my own collection. I have a feeling mine will pale in comparison!!

Now just because Sounds of the 70s last night reminded me of my parents love for the Carpenters, heres a song to brighten your day...



4 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely surprise! Looking forward to seeing what you will do with them! Would love to go through my parents attic which I know is packed to the rafters with stuff.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great new stash enhancement! I can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Best wishes,
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Being a child of the 70s myself they really took me back!!! Make sure we see what you make with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I've given you a One Lovely Blog award over at my blog, here. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...